Josephine is a year and a half old. She's been a year and a half for two months now and she will be a year and a half until about October when she will be almost two.
Things I love about a year and a half:
- She sings along at church and to her favorite commercial. No matter what is going on she will stop dead in her tracks to sing along to this song. (that isn't the commercial but it is the song that has hypnotized her)
- 99.9% of fussy moods can be stopped with either a book or a walk outside.
- She shifts her weight and lifts a cheek to fart and then laughs.
- At any time of the day she'll be humming the tune of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.
- For a brief moment I got her to call grandma "caca".
- Except for the Move episode of Yo Gabba Gabba (and the commercial I mentioned earlier), she couldn't care less about the TV.
- If I ask her to get a diaper she will bring me out one, take off her wet one, lay out the dry one and lay down with her butt in the right place so all I have to do is fasten it.
- If we watch anything on TV with a studio audience that laughs she will laugh along with them (Daily Show, America's Funniest Videos). If we watch something a second time and we laughed at a particular scene the first time, she will laugh at that scene the next time. (OK she likes TV a little if we are all watching and laughing)
- She loves the pool. She walks around in the 1.5 ft deep water and squats so that it comes up to her chin and then jumps as high as she can. When she get splashed in the face or trips and goes under she turns her face to me and I wipe her eyes and give them each a kiss and she is back to playing.
- When I ask her to "stand over there so I can take your picture" sometimes she does.