1.06.2009

belated new year...

my thoughts on New Year resolutions:
As a woman, when I automatically think of making a New Year resolution I think of losing weight. Personally I never thought I needed to lose weight (until now) so leaping into a diet has never been an issue for me. I don't think I've ever made a New Year resolution actually. If you can think of something that you need to change about yourself you should do it, right then. Why wait for January 1st?
That being said, here are my resolutions:
  1. Live as if this is my do-over. If me 10 years from now got to come back to 2009 and have a do-over, what would I do differently? This means choosing to play with Josephine over starting the laundry, even if it means spending the day in my PJ's because nothing else is clean (oh what a sacrifice!). It means not stepping on the scale everyday or pinching my belly fat and instead being thankful I'm healthy enough to chase my daughter around the house. It means trying that much harder to understand and/or ignore the crazy in my family and enjoy the time I have with them now.
  2. Continue learning more and more about healthy living.
  3. Fill up the recipe book I've started. I put together a blank book ( I'll show you later) and I write in a recipe after it turns out to be a big success in this house. I don't add ones that are boring or obvious, only the special ones.
  4. Get better at talking on the phone.
  5. Sleep 6 hours straight. Just once. Come on Josephine!
I think 2009 is gonna be good.
I'm thankful for a lot of things 2008 brought and remembering those things is just as important, if not more, than making new resolutions.
What was so great about your 2008?

No comments: