7.16.2009

a look into the past

Thanks for all the comments on my hair, I obviously had nothing else on my mind all week seeing as how I've left those pictures up at the top of the page for so long...

So you remember how back in May I flew to Alabama? Then I disappeared for two months? Well I think it's about time we talk about it a bit, get it out in the open you know?

It wasn't a vacation because a vacation implies relaxation and Josephine would NOT let me relax. She wouldn't let me do anything.

Mama: Let me put you down for a second so I can open your juice.

Josephine: AAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH The floor is lava. Don't abandon me, I thought you loved me!

Mama: Yeah! It's bath time, we get to splash in bubbles!

Jose: (who usually loves baths) AAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH No No No, This is not OK, NOT OK!

Mama: Hey we get to go see Sarah, let's all get buckled up for a minute.

Jose: AAAGGGGGGHHHHHHH gag sputter, Why are you doing this to me? This is not my car seat, I don't trust this contraption! Get Me Out Of Here Now!

Mama: Oh look it's your aunt/uncle/cousin, can you wave Hi? I won't put you down I promise, just look at them for a second.

Jose: Must. Resist. Eye. Contact. Ignore. All. Attempts. To. Hug. If I don't move, they will leave.

Mama: Let's get a snack from our house! Just right in here, in the kitchen, where we've been all week.

Jose: We Do Not Live Here. This Is Not Our House. I Want To Go HOME. TO MY HOME. AAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

Mama: Time to get back on the airplane!

Jose: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

END.

So I had a little freaky Koala attached to my hip the whole trip, but it was still nice to see everyone and get a little sun.

Bo Jackson was the commencement speaker.

I was the only one affected by the chiggers? mosquitoes? I never saw what bit me but my legs, feet and hands were covered in itchy red bites and I was the only one.

The house we stayed in was very nice and right next to my Aunt and Uncle's house. We could wake up and walk out the back door 100yds and hop on a jet ski or kayak or lounge on the dock.

There were a lot of cockroaches.

Unfortunately the house we stayed in was undergoing a little remodeling so it was difficult to find a room that had both a mirror and working lights. The bathroom I used had neither. I did my make-up and hair at the kitchen table where the windows allowed enough light to use my little compact mirror. You know what happens when you don't get a good look at yourself for over a week? You get home and look in your own bathroom mirror and see that your eyebrows have gone crazy and how did that happen in one week What The Hell?

So, I cleaned myself up when I got home, then got to work. I was a week behind in my summer classes already and one of them was only 7 weeks long. A condensed class isn't any less work, it's the same amount of work with deadlines and due dates that come up much faster than in a regular semester. That's where I was in June, typing and reading and typing and reading and trying to keep up with my other classes as well and trying to entertain Josephine. I have helpers that will watch the baby when I ask, but I have to ask every day, sometimes multiple times a day, and none of them can figure out how to change a diaper...and only remember to feed her 50% of the time.

So now I have a bit more of a relaxing summer ahead. My newly graduated sister is living here now which makes the house a little crowded. I got the dress that I'm wearing in my friends wedding...so I'm feeling guilty about every bite of ice cream and handful of potato chips I eat...though I haven't stopped eating them...

No comments: