3.28.2009

a downer and an upper

Today: I went with my dad to SLC to browse some salvage yards for a few things. At first I was thinking how this could be really fun if I had the time and resources to fix up cars; the hunt for the missing piece, like a real-life Where's Waldo.
I loved those books.
It didn't take long to get depressed though, seeing car after car with deployed airbags, smashed windshields, dented roofs...you can't help but imagine what might have happened to cause that damage. Who was hurt? God, I hope there wasn't children in the back seat.
We didn't find what we were looking for, but on the way from one yard to another I spotted an African restaurant and made sure we stopped there on the way home.
It seemed very authentic, though I've never been to Africa so I can't be positive, but there wasn't any silverware. I am sure it was very delicious and I'm glad we found it.

2 comments:

jamie said...

was it ethiopian? piles of different things on spongy bread? I looooooove ethiopian food...

lolly said...

YES!! it was fabulous- I didn't know because nothing said Ethiopia on the menue or in the building, but it did say Oromia everywhere, which I had to look up and hey, it's in Ethiopia!