5.06.2008

Recipe Tuesday!

Let's see how long I can keep this up. I can get pretty excited about food, but my time management skills could use some work.




Today I made granola bars.

mmmmmmmmmm....



Mix together:

3 cup rolled oats

1.5 cup crisp rice cereal

1 tsp baking soda

1 cup flour (I used whole wheat)

1 tsp vanilla

1 cup butter

3/4 cup honey

1/3 cup packed brown sugar

2 cups yummy stuff (I used almonds and dried cranberries, be creative!) (maybe next time I'll try mini chocolate chips and some coffee?)



I started mixing it with a spoon, but had to finish with my hands to get it mixed well enough. Then I had to use all my will power to keep from shoveling the mixture right into my mouth because it smells sooo good.

Bonus! when you wash your hands, just rinse them off w/out soap and they will be soooo smooth.

Grease a 9x13 pan and pack that stuff in there. Smoosh it as hard as you can. (smoosh is not a word)

Bake at 325 for around 20 min. Cool and cut.



** always remember that I don't really "measure" so, you know, cook accordingly.


Hey, let me have that camera!

2 comments:

Deidre said...

This one looks good Rachel. I'll have to save this one. The kids would love it. Do they come out crunchy or soft? You need to try that last recipe I posted on my blog. It's a good one. I think you would LOVE it.

lolly said...

They are soft, not as chewy/sticky as some granola bars from the store. They are so super good, I have to make another batch tomorrow!