4.05.2008

blueberry sour cream banana bread

Steal this recipe:

This is basically the recipe I followed, though I don’t concern myself much with accurate measurements. You shouldn’t either.

In a small bowl, mix together 2 cups flour, ¾ cup sugar, 1.5 tsp baking soda, ½ tsp salt, and ½ tsp cinnamon.

In another bowl, a bigger bowl, combine 2 large eggs, ½ cup sour cream, 1 tsp vanilla and ½ cup melted butter. (I didn’t have vanilla extract so I used vanilla flavoring, I know, not the same thing, but I’m pretty sure you can omit the vanilla and never know the difference)

Mix in two mashed bananas then the dry ingredients. I guess you’re not supposed to over mix, but maybe you should and tell me what happens.

Fold in 1 cup blueberries. I used thawed out frozen berries only because they were cheaper than the fresh ones. Also, some nuts would probably be good, but I didn’t feel like putting any in this time.

Pour into a greased loaf pan (I wish I didn’t have to tell you that step, but I’d never forgive myself if I found out you poured the batter directly into the oven) bake at 350 for about an hour. Start tooth-picking around 50 min.

Use a potholder or thick rag to pull the pan out of the oven, and wait a little while for the bread to cool before eating it so you don’t burn your mouth.

Then enjoy

You’re welcome.

2 comments:

Deidre said...

this sounds really good. Did your bread come out kind of blue from the blueberries? Just curious. I've been told that if you use frozen you should mix them in while still frozen so that it the color doesn't bleed into the bread. not that it really matters, just wondering if it's really needed I guess.

lolly said...

Not really blue, but banana bread is kinda dark already...i never heard that before but i'll try it next time!